Re: Linux 2.2.13ac1

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:59:52 +0200 (MET_DST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > o Pentium III support
> >
> > Does the changes to get the P-III really influence other code to the
> > degree that it would danger making other things unstable? Because as long
>
> Yes. It touches the FPU management for one.

Ok... How about the Athlon support? Is it equally "dangerous", or could it
be backported? At the very least, it'd be nice to have in the ac-patches,
right?

> > > o Bigmem
> >
> > Hasn't the Bigmem stuff got problems left unsolved? I mean, it's still
> > under development in the v2.3.xx series, right?!
>
> Bigmem to 4Gig should be rock solid. In fact I believe SuSE shipped support
> with 6.2 (someone from SuSE can confirm this yes/no ?)

Ok. Then I'm only left with the complaint that the combination of
BIGMEM & 1/2 GB memory limit is a little confusing for some users... But
what the hell. Let them RTFM.

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </