Re: 2.2.13 compile error

Gregory T. Norris (haphazard@socket.net)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 16:32:04 -0500

I experimented around during lunch today, and figured out what the
problem was... unfortunately I wasn't able to post back from there.

The debianized version of ash (currently 0.3.5-7), which I use as
/bin/sh, was recently updated and no longer recognizes any options.
This caused some literal `-n's to be added to the first line of
compile.h, which certainly confused things. For the moment I've fixed
it by relinking /bin/sh to bash.

Sorry to waste bandwidth with this...