Re: 2.2.13: ISDN dial on demand has become unreliable

Karsten Keil (kkeil@suse.de)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:46:26 +0200

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 10:14:10PM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Today I have installed the new kernel 2.2.13. It seems that the
> setup of an ISDN connection (sync. PPP) has become unreliable. After
> booting I have to stop and restart the ISDN startup script several
> times till I can reach the foreign gateway. Once the connection is
> established there are no problems.
>
> Before 2.2.13 I had a prerelease kernel (2.2.13pre14) installed,
> which did not show such a problem. Do you have any ideas?

Here was one bugfix in 2.2.13pre15 which change the phone number size to 32
in all structs (because of problems with some call by call prefixes).
Unfortunatly this fix forgot to set a new version for the structs, so
isdnctrl don't complain about this.

Fix is simple: recompile utils

In the next patch I increment the version numbers, so a old util package
give your a warning about this. But a recompile is need in evry case.

Karsten