Re: [OT] Re: Colour blindness & the Linux Kernel Version History

David Forrest (drf5n@mug.sys.virginia.edu)
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:37:20 -0400 (EDT)

Maybe I missed this part of the discussion, but I remember reading that
since CRTs use 3 electron guns to make a white, weather mappers used
colored lines on a black background to make alignment problems less
disturbing: isobars in blue, wind in red, tmep in green....
You wouldn't have this problem on LCDs, but you do have it in print
where you try to leave a blank space in the middle of a colored field --
the mis-alignment will produce colors you don't want, especially on thin
lines (see your color funnies in the newspaper). The monitors are all
pretty good nowdays, so: use whatever floats your boat.

 Dave Forrest                                dforrest@virginia.edu
 (804)296-7283h 924-3954w   http://www.people.virginia.edu/~drf5n/