Re: 2.3.23-pre4 x86 64GB RAM changes [HIGHMEM patch] explained a bit

Frank Peter Rival USG (frival@zk3.dec.com)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:01:00 +0000

Brian Pomerantz wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 10:03:26PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> >
> > It's the arch/alpha/kernel pci stuff that is buggy in the late 2.3.x. When
> > I'll boot I'll send you the diff (you may want to give it a try as well
> > on your hardware ;).
> >

> Can you make that available on the list (or send it to me as well)? I
> have a cluster of 8 ES40's that I'll be bringing online this week and
> thought I would try out the latest devel kernels on a few nodes.

I hate me-too's, but this is a definite "me too". If someone can figure out
how to get the latest 2.3 stuff to give QLogic cards the right base IO address,
I'd start dancing right about now (not that this is supposed to be a good thing
;)

- Pete