Re: UDMA 66 / Ultra ATA 66 "disconnect/reconnect"

Mattias Sandgren (mattias@leif.silicon.nu)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 23:55:57 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Ryan Lackey wrote:

> Are there any plans to support ultra ata 66's "disconnect/reconnect"
> functionality (if I understand correctly, it's somewhat similar to
> "tagged command queueing" for scsi) in kernel 2.3?

No it's not, disconnect/reconnect is a feature that both ATA and SCSI support
these days. SCSI has always had this but ATA has only had this feature since
the introduction of ATAPI. TCQ is a not a new feature to SCSI but command
queueing is supported by ATA-66 devices (or at least can be).
As far as kernel support for this, I don't know.

Regards,
Mattias

--
Mattias Sandgren - mailto:sagge@acc.umu.se http://www.acc.umu.se/~sagge
Computer Science and Engineering Student - University of Umea, Sweden.