Re: PATCH 2.3.23 pre 2 compile fixes

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:27:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Donald Becker wrote:

> In August you rejected all of the then-current updates because they had
> visible support for multiple kernel-support. You wanted all backwards
> compatibility code removed. Based on that I spent several weeks changing and
> testing over a dozen PCI drivers so that the base versions had support for
> 2.3 only. Now those are changes are rejected.

Donald, read my emails.

They have NOT been rejected.

The haven't even been CONSIDERED. There's a bug difference there.

And the reason they haven't even been considered is that you have not sent
in any patches to me. I have not seen the patches, I have only seen the
results of Alan applying the patches to the ac tree and various
bug-reports.

And I will repeat my rule: I do not apply large patches with many separate
changes. I apply patches that do one thing (like implement a PCI search
function).

Linus