Re: PATCH 2.3.23 pre 2 compile fixes

Alan Cox (alan@redhat.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 21:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

> On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Donald Becker wrote:
> >
> > But I wonder why I put in the effort -- all of my work is thrown away when
> > you accept random, tested-only-on-one-machine patches from anywhere, and
> > then refuse to put in the tested, updated drivers.
>
> Donald, your latest "tested" drivers have been a QA disaster, and you
> should know it.

The 2.3 ones were first generation MMIO stuff and a first generation PCI
skeleton. I dont think wonders coul have been expected.

Most but not all of the 2.2 ones merged at odd intervals have been
a success. The tulip stuff and the eepro have run on somewhat but
getting tulip stuff right is non trivial