Re: ISSUE: (ext2fs?) disk I/O and responsivness

Ronald Wahl (rwahl@gmx.net)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:57:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Wojtek Pilorz wrote:

> Well, I have recently changed machine at work from Compaq DeskPro 5100 to
> Compaq DeskPro EN 6450 and OS from RedHat Linux 4.2 to RedHat Linux 6.0;
> Both systems are IDE, but with PD-CD connected to BusLogic SCSI;
> While my previous system behaved normal when writing to PD, the new one
> was completely unusable during write (I was not even able to switch
> between screens on X);
> Then I went to BIOS settings and changed PCI Busmastering enable
> option from default NO to YES (and also disabled serial 2, so I had a
> separate IRQ for SCSI card); After this change the system work quite well
> during transfers to PD.

My controller is busmaster:

00:0b.0 SCSI storage controller: Symbios Logic Inc. (formerly NCR) 53c875
(rev 04)
I/O ports at d400
Memory at dd800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
Memory at dd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

But problems are still there...

ron

--
/\/\  Ronald Wahl -- rwahl@gmx.net     /\/\          C S N           /\/\