Re: GFP_DMA not good enough for problem hardware

Giuliano Procida (myxie@debian.org)
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:32:54 +0100

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 11:59:04AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> You are probably reduced to loading firmware by hand if there is
> some kind of alternative (eg debugging) interface for fiddling with
> the firmware RAM. If there isnt that card may well simply never work
> on non PC.

Well, I found a (PLX) register to specify a (non-zero) host base
address for the mapping window. It all seems to work now, happy days
etc. Other people won't be so lucky with their hardware.

Giuliano.