Re: New CPU/Mainboard: Suggestions wanted

Jens Benecke (jens@pinguin.conetix.de)
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 12:59:33 +0200

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 04:28:28PM +0200, Rik van Riel wrote:

> > Please reply by eMail as this is not really for the list.
> Indeed, it's not really for the list. However, it _does_ seem to be a
> very frequently asked question...
> Now here is my question: would there be any interest in a mailing list,
> website or whatever to discuss these things so we don't "have to" discuss
> them here any more?

Absolutely. I'd be very interested if you setup something like this.
Perhaps there are already some SMP-related websites which you might ask for
participants...

> I'll gladly host the list/site/whatever if I get at least 20 people
> interested in participating on the list and/or provide content for a
> site. Please reply by _private_ email...

Sure. Sorry to spam the list but I tried several newsgroups and most of the
people there don't have SMP systems.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

Windows NT indeed has very low Total Cost of Ownership. Trouble is, Microsoft _owns_ Windows NT. You just licensed it.