Re: linux IDS project , lids-0.1-2.2.12 relesase.

Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Xie Hua Gang wrote:

>lids is an intrusion detect system patch for Linux kernel.
>
>This patch (Version 0.1) is for the Linux kernel 2.2.12.
>This is the first release of the software.
>
>It can protect the important file from being changed. Any one include
>Root
>can not change the protected files or diretory and its sub-diretory .

Can't the existing securelevel stuff in combination with chattr,
accomplish the same?

>It also provides two states ( a switch ) in kernel.
>
> 1 . security mode ( default ). This mode is the protect mode .
> 2 . normal mode ,This mode is the normal mode . one can modify
>the
> file like using former linux kernel.

Sounds to me like the securelevel stuff.

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

[insert witty random tagline or cool URL here]