Re: Colour blindness & the Linux Kernel Version History

Audin Malmin (amalmin@halcyon.com)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 15:03:26 -0700

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 12:29:49PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.10.9910161707002.31768-100000@ps.cus.umist.ac.uk>,
> Riley
> Williams writes:
> +-----
> | 2. Because of the above, I designed the pages to be readable
> | easily by myself, and by people suffering from the same
> | form of colour blindness. In general, I find pages on a
> | Cyan background the easiest to read, which is why I have
> | used that colour scheme on my pages.
> +--->8
>
> Sometimes simplest is best; see http://www.memepool.com for an example. It
> may not be the most ideal for you, but it's likely to be readable by the
> widest range of people.

Arrgh... Why does everyone insist on bright backgrounds? A
CRT is not a piece of paper, it's an illuminated display, bright
backgrounds just mean that everyone has to squint to read it... The
text is what is important, it should call attention to itself...the
background should be just that, in the BACKGROUND, minding it's own
business.

--
                                             Audin Malmin - amalmin@halcyon.com