Re: disabling Linux's screen blanker

Harald Koenig (koenig@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:48:51 +0200

On Oct 07, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> > > I wish this worked (it doesn't).
> > > Somewhere around version 2 it no longer did anything.
> >
> > Hmm. What kernel, what setterm?
> > For me (2.2.12, setterm from kbd-0.99) it works fine.
> >
> > Andries
> >

> It doesn't have a version number. `strings` doesn't show any version.
> Its date was december 1998. The kernel is 2.3.13 (and the past year).

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/setterm
util-2.9t-3

from SuSE 6.2 works fine for me with 2.2.12 using both text console and vesafb.
maybe your APM BIOS settings blank the screen ?
note that `setterm' only works for normal consoles, for X11 you have to use `xset'....

Harald

--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\