RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device allocation)

Shawn Leas (SLEAS@videoupdate.com)
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:50:58 -0500

Ooops... Didn't get through the whole thing. I think this concern has been
hashed over. Sorry!

-Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Frost [mailto:sfrost@mail.snowman.net]
Subject: RE: devfs again, (was RE: USB device allocation)
> Again, the only permissions that matter are those kept track of by devfsd
on
> the devfs mount.

That would be the problem, and the devfs mount goes away when you
reboot,
I realize devfsd does something to handle (tarball-like I seem to recall?),
but
that seems less than elegant to me...

Realize, I like devfs as it is personally, but I want to see it in
the
main kernel tree and this is why I'm trying to come up w/ ideas that will
(maybe)
help satisfy others and convince them to let it be put in...

Stephen