Re: Linux 2.2.13pre15

John Kennedy (jk@csuchico.edu)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:54:20 -0700

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 12:09:20AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> Ok third release candidate: This rolls in the small fixes accumulated over
> testing time, some small network fixes, and the SMP/IDE hang fix.

I tried pre15 this morning before I left the house and it was hanging
when it was scanning my SCSI CD-ROM (YAMAHA CRW4416S), even though it got
the two hard-drives correctly. pre14 doesn't do that. Rebooted twice
with the same results. Same compile options, although I haven't looked
into it in a huge amount of details yet.

Adaptec AIC-7890 Ultra2 SCSI host adapter, no extra patches.

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--