Re: Red Hat 6.1 version.h modifications

Bart Schuller (schuller+kernel@lunatech.com)
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 16:37:06 +0200

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 10:07:21AM -0400, kernel@kvack.org wrote:
> Please explain how third party modules are to be compiled on such a
> system? I have frequently have users calling tech support that need to
> know.

You ask the user where her kernel sources are?

Most of the workstations over here run kernels that I compiled on a
server. The workstations don't have the kernel source. The server does,
but it in turn runs a different kernel.

So any third-party module that can't easily be pointed to a kernel
source tree is of no use to me.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed