Re: CDROM is and isn't mounted

Robert K. Nelson (rnelson@airflowsciences.com)
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 13:34:40 -0400

Jens Axboe wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 05 1999, Robert K. Nelson wrote:
> > In any case, it would be nice to have a way to
> > force the mount and usage status of a drive to be made consistant.
>
> That would be fixing the symptom, not the real bug. Are you
> sure that this is a usage count problem?

No, I'm not sure. I think the problem is likely in VMWare. But I don't
mind fixing the symptom if it allows me to recover without a reboot.
I'm using Linux in production systems and even when something like this
goes wrong I want to recover gracefully. An equivalent in other
subsystems is the work of the NFS group to resolve inconsistancies that
creep into network mount tables.

Bob

--
Robert K. Nelson