Re: kernel patch

Stephen Frost (sfrost@ns.snowman.net)
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:53:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Andrei Alexandru wrote:

> I wrote a patch to the linux networking part of the kernel which allows
> you to aviod denial of service. Basicaly it does a more accurate
> accounting of sockets and does not let more then MAXCONNFROMONEIP
> connetions from the same ip.
> Do you think this patch is of any use ? If yes , I will send the sources.
>
> Alexandru Andrei
> CS Dept., 'Politehnica' University of Timisoara, Romania

Sounds pretty cool to me... Alot depends on how fast it is, and
if it's easily configurable and can be turned on/off easily... I'd say,
go ahead and send it, as long as it isn't too big (If it's big, send a
URL to it), and see what people think. :) You may want to check out the
info about submitting a patch in the Documentation directory of the source
tree before submitting it, if you havn't already...

Stephen