Re: Linux 2.2.12 locking up

Peter Hanecak (hanecak@megaloman.com)
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 02:01:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Nils Faerber wrote:

> > (is it some survey? :)
> We should have one on this topic.

agree

> And what about earlier kernels? I have just found that the latest stable
> kernel seems to be 2.2.6. All later ones show the freeze sooner or later.

if i remember well, with kernels from 2.2.7 (including) to 2.2.10 i got
problems which were triggered by intensive disk activity. they also looked
like IDE related and alan also pointed out that maybe a have
broken/overheated HW.

with 2.2.11 those problems stoped but problems with unpredictable hard
freezes begins (X and/or NFS related?) and also "Sound: DMA (output) timed
out - IRQ/DRQ config error?" messages start occured in my log.

more concrete data can be found in my earlier post while they were writen
more precisely and with fres memories :)

sincerely

hany