Re: Linux 2.2.12 locking up

Nils Faerber (Nils.Faerber@unix-ag.org)
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:50:31 +0200

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 09:47:35AM +0200, Peter Hanecak wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Tom Sutterfield wrote:
> > Anyone had any problems with their box locking up, and nothing
> > being logged in /var/log/messages?
> me
OK, free from AOL: Me too ;)

> (is it some survey? :)
We should have one on this topic.

> but to the topic.
> i got freeze problems with 2.2.12 and laters (2.2.13pre series).
And what about earlier kernels? I have just found that the latest stable
kernel seems to be 2.2.6. All later ones show the freeze sooner or later.
After looking at the patch-2.2.7 I have no idea what the reason could be.
All the patches for 2.2.7 either do not apply for my setup or seem rather
unsuspecious. Interestingly 2.2.7 ran almost stable until I updated my
machines CPU from 300MHz to a 400MHz one. Strange, isn't it?
Just FYI: My hardware is a notebook computer, now 400MHz mobile Celeron,
Intel BX chipset, AGP graphics (ATI Rage LT Pro), 64MB RAM, ide HDD and CD.
CU
nils

--
Nils Faerber (Linux Nils)        eMail: nils@unix-ag.org