Re: OT: Linux and the Tyan 1837 Thunderbolt

Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:54:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Lou Grinzo wrote:

> I apologize for the off-topic post, but I'm having a really hard
> time finding out definitively whether the current major Linux
> distributions support the SCSI chip used on the Tyan 1837
> motherboard. The chip is the AIC-7896, and I've seen numerous
> references to the 7895 and the 789x series being supported, but
> I've yet to find something that explicitly mentions the 7896.

It's the aic7xxx and it works well. I have 3 Tyan boards on machines
here. Never a SCSI problem.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
**** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED ****
Penguin : Linux version 2.3.13 on an i686 machine (400.59 BogoMips).