Re: BIOS shadowing.

Erik Mouw (J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl)
Fri, 1 Oct 99 13:03:26 +0200

On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 11:41:14 +0100, ISaCS wrote:
> As Linux doesn't use the system BIOS calls much after initial setup,
> Would I be better off disabling BIOS shadowing, and regaining that
> few pages of RAM?

If your motherboard actually remaps that area somewhere else: yes. AFAIK
most motherboards don't do that. Be aware of the fact that Linux might use
the BIOS if you turn on APM, so shadowing can be slightly faster (although
you might argue if that really matters in this case).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl