[OFFTOPIC] Re: Needing load balancing information.

Petko Manolov (petko@varel.bg)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 09:13:35 +0300

dvt@dee.hcmut.edu.vn wrote:

> Do you tell me how to balance load between ppp connections or ethernet
> cards? Or where can I find guides about them?

This mail should carry "offtopic" prefix in subject field.

AFAIK you can't balancing between ethernet cards. In ppp
case you should compile EQL driver in kernel or build it
as module. You have to compile user level prog called
eql_enslave. First step is making your eql (virtual)device
default gateway. Second, with help of eql_enslave make your
ppp0 and ppp1 devices slave to eql device. This is in short.

The best way is to look at
".../linux/Documentalinux-2.2.12/Documentation/networking/eql.txt"
and folow the instructions.

Petkan

--
Petko Manolov - petkan@monitor.bg