RE: soundblaster live under linux

Michael Cummins (mjcumm@isa.mim.com.au)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:54:06 +1000

From: Rik van Riel [mailto:riel@humbolt.geo.uu.nl]
Sent: Thursday, 30 September 1999 17:57
To: Alain Borel
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: soundblaster live under linux

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Alain Borel wrote:

> >> The latest "beta" driver 0.3b works pretty well (at least so far). You
> >> can both play and record sound.
> >
> > Have they released any source code yet ?
>
> Did they ever say they would? Officially?

Point is (and somebody please forward this to Creative), as long
as they haven't released the source, people should bug them about
problems, not us.

As soon as they release the source, we can take care of the
driver and make sure that it keeps working with all possible
Linux versions. At no cost to Creative Labs.

But until then people really should go after them with
pointy objects if something doesn't work :) (thanks Larry)

regards,

Rik

of people. That is its real strength.
--
work at:	http://www.reseau.nl/
home at:	http://www.nl.linux.org/~riel/

- To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ************************************************************** The information contained in this E-Mail is confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you receive this E-Mail in error, any use, distribution or copying of this E-Mail is not permitted. You are requested to forward unwanted E-Mail and address any problems to the MIM Holdings Limited Help Desk. E-Mail: helpdesk@mim.com.au or phone: Australia 07 3833 8042. **************************************************************