Re: bug in 2.3.18ac9 net/Config.in

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:20:31 +0200 (MET_DST)

On 28 Sep 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Thomas> On 28 Sep 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote:
> >> Except that it requires that the people who write the patches
> >> actually use these tools. There is no way I am going to waste time
> >> running menuconfig/xconfig before shipping something.
>
> Thomas> You seem to be saying you're going to make changes which work
> Thomas> with config, and you don't care if they break
> Thomas> menuconfig/xconfig? You're not even going to test the
> Thomas> changes? That seems akin to someone saying they want to make
> Thomas> changes which optomize running on an Alpha. Furthermore, they
> Thomas> don't care if it breaks x86 because that is a stupid
> Thomas> architecture.
>
> make config & oldconfig are the references here, there have always
> been problems with the others. The Alpha is known to work and I try to
> test my changes on it.

I've _never_ had a single problem with menuconfig.

I'd guess that most people outside the die-hard haxxor-'133+ uses
menuconfig & xconfig. They are simply more convenient and easy to handle.

If you have problems, REPORT them for the holy penguin's sake, don't just
complain about them being buggy...

/David Weinehall
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </