Re: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL PROPOSAL)

Henning P. Schmiedehausen (hps@tanstaafl.de)
28 Sep 1999 18:11:51 +0200

lm@bitmover.com (Larry McVoy) writes:

>Cool. So explain to us how Aegis handles the following:

> . disconnected operation with updates to all repositories
> . undo - including things you don't do but incorporated
> . multiple views, each of which include some subset of the others
> . compressed repositories
> . disk and/or file systems which corrupt the underlying files
> . low bandwidth links

You tell us. I've read "http://www.bitkeeper.com/bk18.html" and while
I am really impressed with the statements (I'm counting the days until
I can finally get my hands on bk), where is the "BitKeeper vs. Aegis"
section?

Kind regards
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen --             hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 "There ain't no such D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 thing as a free Linux"