Re: File System size limits on VeryLarge RAIDs

Eduardo Soriano (e_soriano@dapsys.ch)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:18:34 +0200

As explained some months ago, we use real Linux 2.0.36 and RedHat 5.2 as server
in the
medical field for images storage.

We are using DPT and/or ICP Vortex RAID 5 controllers addressing 36 GB physical

disks. The larger RAID currently installed is a 8 * 36 GB disks which, all
together,
offers ~ 210 GB logical storage. Now, all over these 210 GB we declared some
logical drives of 30 GB each. Our product is able to manage volumes as being
used as a single large volume.

Nothing to say about. We had to install a few updates like fdisk and fsync
but, after that, the systems are working nicely.

Feel free to contact me for any further assitance.