Re: Linux 2.3.18ac9

Dag Brattli (dagb@cs.uit.no)
28 Sep 1999 08:02:38 +0200

Daniel.Egger@t-online.de writes:

> On 27 Sep, Alan Cox wrote:
>
> > o IRDA Updates (Dag Brattli)
>
> ircomm oopses very badly (with 2.3.18ac7 too) as soon as I
> "irattach /dev/ttyS1" and let my Palm try to HotSync via IrDA.
> Unfortunately it shoots down whole Linux so I can't include
> any Oops for your reference ....

I had to make some changes for the device drivers in order to make sure the
RTNL semaphore was taken (only once). In previous versions, the IrDA
drivers would take themselves up/down so you didn't need to ifconfig them,
but this was a bad design that I knew would cause me problems one day
(which is now ;-)

But now you need to do this with ifconfig yourself (until I have built this
into irattach). If this change causes an Oops for you then please send me
your IrDA config (modules/non-modular etc)

I've been running this version (ac7-ac9) for a long time without any
problems, so I'm very interested in finding out whats wrong.

-- Dag

--
   / Dag Brattli                   | The Linux-IrDA Project               /
  // University of Tromsoe, Norway | Infrared communication for Linux    //