Re: The Linux Kernel Project Management System (INITIAL PROPOSAL)

Peter Miller (peterm@jna.com.au)
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:10:09 +0000

Larry McVoy writes
> On Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 04:41:57PM -0400, Jordan Mendelson wrote:
> > I actually did take a look at it a while back, but I sort of
> > like Aegis better because it allows a push (and pull) model
> > of source distribution and distributed repositories.

> Furthermore, it seems that the push/pull model is supported by BK (in
> fact, that's the only model supported):

Sorry, you misunderstand...

Aegis supports both push and pull for the primary -> secondary
transfer, although pull would certainly be the most common. The
man pages you cite appear to say Bitkeeper only supports pull for
this.

Aegis also supports both push and pull for the secondary -> primary
transfer, although push would be the most common. The man pages
you cite appear to say Bitkeeper only supports push for this.

Regards
Peter Miller E-Mail: millerp@canb.auug.org.au
/\/\* WWW: http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~millerp/
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are personal and do not necessarily
reflect the opinion of my employer or the opinions of my colleagues.