Re: Need to achieve zen with knfsd and 2.2.12

Matthew Vanecek (mev0003@unt.edu)
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:31:27 -0500

Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to understand the integration of knfsd 1.5.1 and stock
> 2.2.12 since I have a mixed FreeBSD/Linux environment and based on my
> reading of LKML archive, it seems one has to apply HJ's patches to get
> some semblance of order
>
> I got the knfsd patch and can't figure out which of the patches to
> apply to 2.2.12 (Some of them don't apply cleanly). Does anybody have
> a HOWTO for HJ's knfsd + stock kernel

H.J. usually puts instructions in the announcement of knfsd new
versions, if it's not in the README. check the lkml archives for his
announcement of 1.5.1, and what you need should be there. A HOWTO would
be kind of difficult, because it would change with each release.

> BTW, I tried to install the 2.2.12 src rpm from Redhat's Rawhide
> directory.
>
> rpm --recompile kernel-2.2.12-12.src.rpm s
> gives me an error
> line 165: Provides: tokens must begin with alpha-numeric: Provides:
> kernel = 2.2.12

That's an rpm error and has absolutely nothing to do with the kernel.
I'm gonna be difficult and say RTFM on this one.

--
Matthew Vanecek
Course of Study: http://www.unt.edu/bcis