Re: [patch] kernel API documentation system

Nat Lanza (magus@cs.cmu.edu)
26 Sep 1999 13:00:55 -0400

Jes Sorensen <Jes.Sorensen@cern.ch> writes:

> Putting auto generated documents in the same directory as the static
> ones is a bad idea imho. It makes it hard for people to keep track of
> what can be deleted and what cannot.

Maybe 'Documentation/api/', then?

> Well this makes it impossible to look at your patch, try using a sane
> encoding format such as uuencoding or plain ascii.

Oh, come on. MIME is extremely common these days. The fact that you
use an antiquated mailreader which doesn't understand it is hardly
Jeff's fault. I could understand a complaint of "not everyone can read
MIME, could you repost a uuencoded version?", but your complaint is
abrasive enough to be unreasonable.

--nat

--
nat lanza --------------------- research programmer, parallel data lab, cmu scs