Re: nfs lockup

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:44:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Kenneth Johansson wrote:

> If I run the included program on a nfs mounted filesystem my system hangs
> only ping works.
>
> This happens on 2.2.12 and 2.3.18 systems.

Another victim of the stock nfs subsystem. You need to get the latest
knfsd utilities and kernel patches from hj lu:

ftp://ftp.varesearch.com/pub/support/hjl/knfsd/knfsd-1.5.tar.gz

Apply kernel patches per his documentation, rebuild, reboot and enjoy
reliable NFS fcntl locking.

Your test program runs without incident on 2.2.12 + hjl

Steve