Re: ESS Solo 1 MIDI

Ari Pollak (compwiz@bigfoot.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:56:53 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks.. that's the one thing i forgot to do - There were no kernel
messages and I almost gave up, until I figured I'd try setting the io
address.. First I figured I'd try the default, 0x388, to no avail, and not
knowing the IO address of MIDI for solo1.. So I ended up checking
/proc/pci for all the I/O addresses of the card. Finally, after trial and
error of checking each IO address, I finally found that 0x1050 works as
the MIDI address. So, for anyone trying to get MIDI to work on the opl3,
use IO port 0x1050 :) I'm surprised this thing actually works in the
first place considering it's practically the winmodem of soundcards.