Re: 2.3.18ac8 experiences

Tony Hoyle (tmh@magenta-logic.com)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:09:10 +0100

Alan Cox wrote:
> Do you have the ACPI option enabled

I tried with a different ACPI options (Bios on/off and kernel
enabled/disabled)
and it appeared to make no difference. The partitions were detected
correctly,
and the HD geometry was correct. It's probably something subtle like a
slight
timing problem.

> > More seriously the 3 3c905b cards in that machine all failed to work
>
> This I know about. Using the old driver works. I'm hoping Donald will fix
> this soon - if not back we go 8)

I figured it was probably a known problem :-)

When I get some time to experiment again I'll see if I can get a bit
further. Trying
the vanilla 2.3.18 3c905b driver never occurred to me (doh!).

Tony