Re: v2.3.17pre1 - Patches, Complaints, Questions and Jubilations

David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 10:19:21 +0200 (MET_DST)

On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, Alan Cox wrote:

> > + if [ "$CONFIG_PPC" = "y" ; then
> > + dep_tristate 'Apple Desktop Bus mouse support' CONFIG_ADBMOUSE
> > $CONFIG_BUSMOUSE
> > + fi
> >
> > Hmmm. Shouldn't ADB mouse support be available on 68k Macs as well?
>
> Yes. My fault. Need CONFIG_ADB ..

'k...

> > vendor. Wouldn't it be more correct to have a generic "USB scanner
> > support" option, and then have the HP-option depending on this one? Even
>
> No. USB has an official open API for scanners, and then several vendors
> have their own (often because the official API was standardised a bit late)

Ahhh. Explains it, I guess. Still, I think something along with "Vendor
specific" would be quite nice here.

> > This patch also removes the EXPERIMENTAL flag from the 3c523 & 3c527
> > drivers (they are known to work well), and the EXPERIMENTAL-text from the
>
> Umm.. I've had very few test reports from the 3c527.

Well... I can start a REAL test round soon; I finally got hold of a
machine capable of using it, so I'll plug in 2 of those beasts (or rather,
IBM High-Performance Lan-Adapters, or whatever IBM named their versions)
and give it a go.

> > instance I considered it VERY strange that Iomega Buz & Zoran
> > ZR30657/36060 options should be inside the if-statement for QIC-02 tape
> > support... I moved them out of there and into Video for Linux, where they
> > probably belong.
>
> Sounds like a patch miss - they should be in V4L

Figured so.

> > 8390.c: In function `NS8390_trigger_send':
> > 8390.c:1092: warning: unused variable `ei_local'
>
> Not this one again. Its not a bug, its used on some non x86 builds ;)

Yes I know that, but wouldn't it be possible somehow to quench the
warning?

/David
_ _
// David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </