Re: 2.3.16 - messages on the console: semaphore in use...

David Odin (David.Odin@bigfoot.com)
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 02:24:25 +0200

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 08:45:19PM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> I've got the same messages with 2.3.15 on ext2.
> One way to reproduce it is to press ctrl+c while building the kernel.
>
> - Marcelo
>
> On Sat, 4 Sep 1999, David S. Miller wrote:
>
> > Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 01:57:59 +0400
> > From: dmitryv <vdb@inbox.ru>
> >
> > When I perform "search files" action in Midnight Commander
> > sometimes I see a lot of messages on the console:

> > Sep 4 16:57:18 localhost kernel: iput: Aieee, semaphore in use inode
> > 00:00/10969, count=2
> >
> > Sometimes I can reproduce this behaviour, sometimes not.
> > It happens for example when I search files in the kernel tree.
> >
> > Is this operation scanning over a CDROM/iso9660 filesystem?
> > If yes, we are working on this problem.
> >
> > Later,
> > David S. Miller
> > davem@redhat.com

FWIW, I can reproduce this message easily, by using 'lprm' too fast.

I'm currently printing a lot of pictures, and had to change the cartrigde so
I removed all the mail jobs by lprming rather fast until all jobs were killed
and this message appeared every time I call lprm too quickly after the previous
one finish. I had to wait 1/5 second between each lprm.

Hope this help.

DindinX

P.S. to David S. Miller: Are you still working on the
_isofs_bmap: block >= EOF (1111, 2203608)
bug? Do you mean me testing something?

--
David.Odin@bigfoot.com

You're always thinking you're gonna be the one that makes 'em act different. -- Woody Allen, "Manhattan"