Re: Amanda VFAT Incremental Backups Broken in linux-2.2.1[12]

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 17:39:09 +0100

On Sat, Sep 04, 1999 at 03:53:30PM +0100, Riley Williams wrote:

> If you think about the semantics, you'll realise that's wrong. First,
> let's remind ourselves what the various timestamps are:
>
> 1. ctime is the time when the file was first created.

You are talking about some non-POSIX system here, I hope. ctime on POSIX
systems is the time the inode attributes were last changed (better to say
'inode' than 'file', as people get confused because they think files have
names).

--
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?