Re: PCI patch for 2.3.16

Drago Goricanec (drago@otsd.ts.fujitsu.co.jp)
Sat, 04 Sep 1999 19:46:33 +0900

Thomas Davis <tadavis@lbl.gov> wrote:
> sony does have a bios update on thier website; there are two versions
> there. one is v2.16, and the other is v1.39. The v1.39 seems to be
> good; the v2.16 file seems corrupted..
>
> Otherwise, it's totally busted..

It looks like my USB port is busted. I upgraded to BIOS 1.39 and then
2.16. The machine works fine, but the USB port doesn't seem to work
in Windows anymore. Even in Windows, the port doesn't get an IRQ,
until I fiddle with the System settings. And once it gets an IRQ, it
still doesn't function at all.

In Linux, I hardcoded IRQ=11 (which is what Windows also used). The
usb-uhci module loads ok now, but there are no events when I
plug/unplug the USB mouse/scanner.

I've been running the machine in the docking station, and it's
possible it's overheated, but only the USB seems to be broken.

So, I withdraw my previous request to manually provide an IRQ, because
it wouldn't fix this problem for me.

Thanks all,
Drago