Re: ACPI still breaks PIIX4 IDE in 2.3.16

Simon Richter (geier@phobos.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de)
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:55:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > Enabling CONFIG_ACPI still causes 2.3.16 to be unable to find and mount its
> > root partition from the PIIX4 IDE.

> Real ACPI is going to Linus real soon, I've heard, so that PIIX4 ACPI
> hack will go away...

As the guy who told you that ACPI would go off soon I need to put that
into the right direction: Real ACPI support is under way, but still far
from being usable. :-/ The patch I expected to be able to send out
yesterday did not go out, for reasons I state in my next post.

Simon

PGP public key available from ftp://phobos.fs.tum.de/pub/pgp/geier.asc
Fingerprint: 10 62 F6 F5 C0 5D 9E D8 47 05 1B 8A 22 E5 4E C1