Re: NFSv3: Summary of recent bugfixes/updates to the NFSv3 patches...

Steven N. Hirsch (shirsch@adelphia.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 18:31:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:

> I'll try backing out the standalone lockd patch and see if that
> mitigates the problem. I'm not really set on using this feature, but HJ's
> init scripts assume its presence, so it seemed easier to just apply it.

Ok, I backed out HJ's user-space lockd patch. Problem continues. The
first time anything tries to lock a file on the server, lockd (as a
kernel thread this time) ooopses and becomes zombie.

I'm still fighting with getting a reasonable oops trace. Keith Owens told
me to use '-x' with klogd, but this suppresses everything but the initial
announcement!

I'll patch klogd next and keep working on it.

Steve