Re: modutils/depmod doesn't support /lib/modules/*/usb

(no name) ((no email))
01 Sep 1999 16:25:02 -0400

> Since the move from ./misc to ./usb, depmod no longer
> enables autoloading of the usb modules since it is not
> in the list of known paths.

> modutils/util/alias.h:static char *tbtype[] needs
> to have "usb" added.

Why isn't modutils looking through *all* directories ?
I can understand the need/desire to have a few special ones, but
any other directory should be recognized as a `misc' to avoid
having to upgrade your modutils for each change in the dir structure.
The same problem happened with `nls' and probably others.

Especially since all the modules have distinct names anyway
(don't they all end up in /usr/src/linux/modules at compilation?)

Stefan