Re: /proc/cpuinfo verbiage differ unnecessarily between ports...

Henrik Olsen (henrik@iaeste.dk)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:18:10 +0200 (CEST)

On 1 Sep 1999, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Ronald> I can't think of any good argument for keeping "processor" for
> Ronald> the i386 and "cpu" for the sparc64. Someone should probably
> Ronald> fix all the different ports so that the verbiage is
> Ronald> consistent...
>
> Since none of the info in /proc/cpuinfo should be of interest to any
> tools it should be fairly irrelevant. It's been different since the
> first days of the /proc filesystem and never caused problems before.

This is not quite correct, this thread springs up regularly, but since
none of the people saying that "Someone should fix... " gets to the point
where they add " and that someone is me", nothing actually happens.

--
Henrik Olsen,  Dawn Solutions I/S       URL=http://www.iaeste.dk/~henrik/
Darth Vader: Luke, come to the dark side.