Re: 4GB RAM WHY????

andre@suse.com
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

No we need to get to 16GB of RAM.....
Since the Merced is designed around the bases of an eight-way system
needed 16GB......oh, and my information is credible.

Next, you asked me a silly question the other day:

**********************
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 01:19:07 EDT
From: Smc659@aol.com
To: andre@suse.com
Subject: Re: AMD Athlon (K7) / anybody working on detection?

Dumb question...What do you like linux so much?

----
Sam M.
AOL Unix Webserver Developer
**********************

I blew it off, until now....Are you a MOLE for M$ or what?

Everything done here is done for a single goal in mind.....
Do it better than the rest!!!
You have to create the box to get outside of it to think...

Now in order impliment scalablity, you must do so in all aspects.
Memory, CPUes, Storage, etc...............

This OS is not just to have fun and play games.
The business world is taking notice and pushing development.

You may want to consider reviewing the history in the archives at
kernelnotes.org

Lastly, you really should get away from the past.

Goto varesearch.com. They have some of the coolest toys.
The last thing I saw up close was a four-way PIII 500 Xeon with a 2GB
memory card. I assume that monster had a second slot for another card.

Since you are here, find a bug and fixit. It should be obvious to you
that you have an interest and desire to participate, so jump in the water
is hot!!!!!!!!

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy