Re: hpt366 ide controller + quantum KA 18GB = kernel hang

George Bonser (andre@suse.com)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 13:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

For now change this....

#define HPT366_ALLOW_ATA66_4 1
#define HPT366_ALLOW_ATA66_4 0

It appears to be a timing issue or I have not figured out if there needs
to leading IRQs generate or what.

I have a Katina 13.6GB Test Drive from quantum.
The original pci card from HighPoint got it up and near 20MB/sec and a
little dorking around in the procfs, I got it to jump to 33MB/sec.
I for got to mention that I did not write down what I was trying and got
distracted......I base this on a 64MB transfer 1.93 secs.

Regardless, modify the code and it should go fine.
Expect about 17MB/sec in UDMA mode 3.

Andre Hedrick
The Linux IDE guy