Re: PPP & 2.3.13

Tim Coleman (tcoleman@netcom.ca)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:52:59 -0400 (EDT)

> TimO wrote:
>
> > I guess first make sure that you have the release version of
> > ppp-2.3.9. Then I suppose do a complete install; including 'make
> > kernel' from the ppp src directory and rebuilding the kernel. I realize
> > that v2.3.13 supposedly ships with ppp-2.3.9, (heard that somewhere) but
> > rebuilding the kernel using the separate source has solved the problem
> > for some people. Also make sure that you have ppp & ppp_async
> > configured in the kernel if using a modem. If all this checks out and
> > it still doesn't work.........surely Paul can help!
> >

> I have the same problem. The problem is that diald don't works with the
> ppp-2.3.9
> to me it looks as diald never catch that pppd has bring up the line. (it
> never runns the ip-up script)

I have found that diald works fine with pppd 2.3.9. The problem is that
diald does *not* seem to work with kernel version 2.3.1[34].

pppd 2.3.9 works for me with kernels 2.3.1[14], and diald+pppd 2.3.9
works with 2.2.x, but diald+pppd 2.3.9 with kernels 2.3.1[34] seems to
time out before completing the connection.

This has been tested with diald 0.16 and 0.99.1.

Tim