Re: your mail

Jens Benecke (jens@pinguin.conetix.de)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:30:36 +0200

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 09:11:51PM +0200, RISHI MAKER wrote:

> i use linux 6.0 kernel 2.2.5

you mean, Linux 2.2.5 and 6.0 of your distribution (redhat, SuSE,
whatever)? "Linux 6.0" won't exist for a couple more years :)

> 1)When i startx it indicates a fatal server error . some problem
> concerned with the Xfont server. he complete description is here

That might be a distribution problem. Check if your hard drive is full up
or the /tmp directory contains LOTS of files, if so, remove them to free up
space.

Perhaps you need to restart the Font Server (/etc/init.d/xfs, perhaps
/etc/rc.d or something).

> 2)_FontTransSocketUnixConnect : Cant connect : error no = 111 failed to
> set default fontpath 'unix/:-1' Fatal Server error could not open default
> font 'fixed when reporting... connection to :00 broken(explicit kill or
> server shutdown)

That very much looks like the Font libraries / Font server couldn't be
loaded. I had the problem when starting Mandrake 6.0 (~ Redhat) on a
full-up hard disk.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort, And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!