Re: Berzerk mouse problem

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:14:32 +0200 (MEST)

Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I've always run gpm and X no problem.

So do I.

> That is only good if you don't care if gpm is running. I have X
> running all the time, and I use 8 consoles as well as an X
> session 24/7. Shutting down gpm prior to starting X up, would
> mean permanently shutting down gpm. That means I lose the
> functionality of gpm. This does not solve any problem, but
> rather creates a new one: no gpm.

I think that the official way to run both GPM and X is to configure
GPM to be a repeater. X will then use a socket or pipe in /dev instead
of the real mouse.

I've never figured out how to do this, as I've never have had any
problems.

Roger.

------ Microsoft SELLS you Windows, Linux GIVES you the whole house ------