Re: [Fwd: [patch] fbcon cleanup (was Re: tgafb error)]

Jakub Jelinek (jj@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz)
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 18:24:42 +0200

On Thu, Aug 19, 1999 at 12:08:22PM -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Forwarded by request. Let me know if there are any comments or problems
> with this approach.
>
> The attached patch uses io_remap_page_range() in
> drivers/video/fbmem.c:fb_mmap() instead of remap_page_range(), to clean
> up the casting mess and ambiguities left around from historical fbcon
> code.
>
> io_remap_page_range() already existed on the Sparc archs, so I added it
> to the other popular archs -- except mips and arm, which I know nothing
> about.

Fine, except that it will not compile on sparc32 nor sparc64.
Surround the io_remap_page_range by #ifndef __sparc__ and everything is
good. sparc io_remap_page_range has one more argument.

Cheers,
Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University