Re: Disabling module loading with a module?

Steve Dodd (dirk@loth.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:09:22 +0100

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 03:52:02PM +0200, fvw wrote:

> > So you want to permanently disable module loading then, as
> > any way *you* have to load modules could be abused by crackers?

> No, because we're (or at least I'm) assuming reboot is impossible or attracts
> attention. So only loading modules after bootup would be a problem.

Or set the machine up to come back in single user mode after a reboot,
which would definitely make it noticeable. You probably only want to do this
if you have reliable back-up power though.

--
"downtown baby its a million to one, you can even name your poison.
standing in line by the exit sign, suicide alley is calling"